I never leave out the house without a purse. Today was no exception with having my first jury duty summons. I was not happy about missing work, but I made the most out of the situation. I prepared myself for a long day ahead with my new Mia Ray #GlamTote. Here is what I packed to relieve today's boredom.
1. #GIRLBOSS - I've been waiting to read this book since it came out. My mom surprised me with a copy last night when I got home. This book will start my goal of increasing the number of book I read outside of academic textbooks. I cannot wait to get started + get inspired.
2. iPad + iPhone - These items are everyday essentials. I use them every time I'm on the go.
3. Notebook + pen - I take a notebook around to make lists - to-do lists, goals, ideas. I'm such a list person that crosses out, makes scribbles, and check off done items.
4. Wallet - Some days I do need to leave my wallet, but cannot leave without it.
5. Sunglasses - I consider sunglasses my summertime headband. I get sad if I leave them.
6. Lip care (balm + stick) - I need a variety of lip care to avoid having a dry lip.
7. Perfume spray - I love carrying spray to add a fresh, fruity smell throughout the day.
8. Peppermints (added bonus) - I found a new favorite, Lifesavers Orange flavored mints, at work. They are the BOMB. There are always two at the bottom of my purses.
I was in + out the court building within two hours and was not called to duty. Though I had enough to do, I only prepped this post. Everything else not covered will be on this weekend's to-list.
What do you pack in your bag to avoid being bored? I would love to hearing your answers through tweets, @JailynGlass, and comments.
This lifestyle and beauty blog - created for twentysomething millennial women - inspires, empowers, and adds moxie to womanhood. Women will have a space to learn how to flourish from past mistakes and daily issues, while gaining insight on other topics.
If you would like to see a topic discussed, visit the Let's Chat page or through the social media icons above.