I'm always finding new information, blogs, pictures, and content to share with you all. This post is dedicated to links + pictures I've found helpful and enjoyed.
I've been so happy with the news of Blake Lively's pregnancy. Even though I'm still sad about finishing the Gossip Girl series over a month ago, I still love and see her as Serena van der Woodsen. She looks radiantly happy in the photos she released and paparazzi shots. Here are some of my favorites below.
Do you have any favorite blog posts or celebrity news/pictures that I missed? Comment below or tweet me, @JailynGlass.
I attended Grand Rapid's Power Weekend's Fashion Show on Saturday with my friend, Bre. She was asked to be one of the photographers of the event, therefore I was able to experience the backstage action. Local boutiques featured their clothes in the show; vendors showcased their products in a room nearby.
I knew about this event for a few weeks, but threw my outfit together within hours of having to be there. Below I recreated the outfit using one of my favorite sites, Polyvore. This simple, but stylish look can be wore in different ways.
Included in the outfit are all the components needed for a great outfit, such as jewelry and accessories. Check it out + I hope you enjoy!
Where do you shop to piece together your outfits? Let me know below, or on Twitter, @JailynGlass.
The Moxie Playbook believes in motivating and sharing women's passions. Here's a post, by Breanna Edwards, on just that, her passion. You can follow her on Twitter, @__BreCapri, for more information.
It's too bad that problems don't go away when they first appear. Negative energy can affect you, and people around. Running away from our problems seems easier than facing them. Sometime people don't allow themselves to feel intensively as they should. Sometimes, that extra push is needed to help us maneuver the negative energy into a much more positive one. Yoga, for example, is a great exercise that collaborates both, the balance of the mind and body. With that being said, here's 6 Sanskrit words every beginner yogi should know:
1. Namaste: often pronounced- nah’-ma’- stay; means the divine light within me salutes to the divine light within you. Which, ultimately means to me: that we agree that we are “one” with each other and all things around us. Nama means bow, As means I, te means you. Therefore, namaste means, “Bow me you” or “I bow to you”. Namaste is represented by joining both palms together either at the third eye in the middle your forehead or at the heart then bow. Thanks for your presence :).
2. Om: Oooohhhhmmmmmm, considered the most sacred mantra in meditation. It represents the sound of the universe. Chanting om brings awareness, and let's you focus on the present. People are a part of the universe- constantly changing, evolving, growing and moving. Saying om represents everything; the trees, the wind, the atoms that resonates within us, the moon, the sun, everything.
3. Asana: Ah’- Sah- nah: seat; yoga posture. Asana is one of the 8 limbs, which states that poses should be comfortable and steady. Asana is much more than stretching. They open up energy channels, chakras and other parts of the body to increase flexibility and strength while increasing the circulatory and immune system.
4. Yoga: the union of the mind, body and soul. The connecting of self, environment, and eventually our truth.
5. Chakra: energy center. There are 7 basic chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each is associated with a certain color, symbol, and significance.
6. Guru: A spiritual mentor. One who brings light and decreases darkness.
May each of you be filled with love, peace, harmony and light.
Bio: Breanna Edwards is a senior at Grand Valley State University studying Exercise Science. Her passions are fitness, yoga, and creating a better life for herself. Her dream is to own her yoga studio. Breanna is one example of women The Moxie Playbook will features to tell their stories of passion.
Would you like to be next? Tweet me or contact me with ideas or for more information.
My friend, Bre + I adventured downtown Grand Rapids Saturday to explore ArtPrize. This 18-day festival of art extends throughout the streets and businesses of Grand Rapids. With our motto of "NO excuses" this year, Bre + I decided to see the festival for the first time since attending school here three years ago.
Here are a few snippets of our adventure (ALL photos are my own) :
Leave any questions or comments below!
This lifestyle and beauty blog - created for twentysomething millennial women - inspires, empowers, and adds moxie to womanhood. Women will have a space to learn how to flourish from past mistakes and daily issues, while gaining insight on other topics.
If you would like to see a topic discussed, visit the Let's Chat page or through the social media icons above.