Before we jump too deep into blogging, I want to share more information about myself. These are random and interesting, to me, details. So without delay, here are 15 facts about me:
1. The word "Moxie" became a nickname three years ago. While searching for a new Twitter handle to start my college journey, I searched for words through the online Thesaurus. It has been with me ever since. Other nicknames are Jaybird + Jai.
Definition of Moxie
2. I’ll be 21 in exactly ONE month! I’m super excited, but still have no plans.
3. In addition to freelancing or working for a PR firm, I want to become a fashion stylist. I love the way women style their clothes together and seeing each season's trends. Some of my favorite stores are Forever 21, Target, VS Pink + Marshalls. Here's a view of outfits + people I love.
4. I believe strongly women empowerment movement. I am not a feminist, but my views agreed we all need equality in EVERY area of our lives.
5. I will always + forever be a huge lover of all things Disney. My top three animated movies are Tangled, Pocahontas, + Hercules movies.
6. Public relations has always been my calling, but never knew it until college. I loved to plan + organize functions when I was younger. I love it even more + cannot wait to see what it holds for my future.
7. One minor flaw is not praying enough. I know, God’s working on me! #WorkInProgress
7. Throughout my entire life, I have been extremely shy. I've s skin a little since college. My comfort level is increasing.
9. As a shy person, I reserved all of my feelings + truths and put my insecurities and doubts forward. But as I reach my comfort level, I’m realizing the only person stopping me from my dreams is me. I’ve learned to do what makes me happy + never look back.
10. I’m obsessed with buying new shampoos, conditioners, other hair products + VS fantasies + PINK sprays. I like to try different products on my hair. Currently loving organic coconut oil in homemade conditioners.
11. Natural hair = LOVE. Big, bouncy, curly, natural, chemical-free hair is the current plan. Mo Knows Hair is one of my go-to YouTuber for inspiration + tips.
12. I still binge on #ThrowbackShows, such as Friends, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and Gilmore Girls. I watch those shows and the Food Network at night to soothe me as I sleep.
13. I don't care for pets/animals being too close to me. I love zoos and certain animals, but I need my space.
14. Other than public relations + becoming more of a people person, I believe making smoothies is a calling of mines. I can make the best smoothies without measuring. Fruits and yogurt, mixed with nuts and chai seeds, is one of my favorites. Though, juice smoothies, with spinach, are growing on me.
15. I love the names Landon + Adrienne . (These are probably the names of my future children!)
So yeah, that's me in a nutshell. Share + subscribe to #TheMoxiePlaybook's newsletters. Tweet + comment if we share any similarities.
This lifestyle and beauty blog - created for twentysomething millennial women - inspires, empowers, and adds moxie to womanhood. Women will have a space to learn how to flourish from past mistakes and daily issues, while gaining insight on other topics.
If you would like to see a topic discussed, visit the Let's Chat page or through the social media icons above.